Magnesium oxide is a kind of basic oxide, and has common gender of basic oxide. When exposures to the air, it is easy to absorb water and carbon dioxide. And then, it becomes basic magnesium carbonate. Because of the multidimensional functions in the rubber, the magnesium oxide for rubber becomes a nostrum.
- In the chloroprene rubber, the magnesium oxide can be used as vulcanizer with zinc oxide.
- In the rubber compounding, the magnesium oxide can be used as acid-acceptor or stabilizer for improving curing speed.
- The magnesium oxide expand the adhesive property of metallic framework, and improve banding charateristics of rubber compound.
- In the butadiene styrene rubber, brominated butyl rubber and chloroprene rubber, it can be applied to scorch retarder. Magnesium oxide can improve performance of anti scorch.
- In addition, magnesium oxide can used as stuffing bulking agent for increase thermostability and thermal conductivity.
- Because of the acid absorption property, MgO can be applied as PH regulator in some rubber.
- As assistant crosslinker, magnesium oxide can improve cross-link intensity and tensile property.
Generally speaking, there is a point from a professional magnesium oxide supplier, magnesium oxide takes two roles:
One, in the light-colored rubber, adding magnesium oxide can be applied to adsorbent for absorb dissociate compound, which is from vulcanization. As thus, magnesium oxide makes the color of rubber products cleaner.
Two, taking magnesium oxide as anti-reversion agent, it can improve cross linking rate