The 18th International Exhibition on Rubber Technology was hold on 19 -21 September in Shanghai City, China. Our Booth No. Is 4C118. Also Meishen Company organized relevant personnel to answer questions on the use of magnesium oxide in the production process of rubber manufacturers. Hope our rich experience can help you do better products.
Some of the effects of magnesium oxide in rubber are described below.
1. Magnesium oxide can be used as a reinforcing agent for heat-resistant rubber in nitrile rubber. Adding an appropriate amount of magnesium oxide to the chloroprene rubber can increase the tensile strength, modulus and hardness of the vulcanizate, and neutralize a small amount of hydrogen chloride generated during the vulcanization or the product under sunlight, but the heat resistance is slightly poor.
2. The addition of magnesium oxide during the mixing of neoprene prevents the scorch during processing and improves the scorch of the rubber during storage, which prevents the early crosslinking and cyclization of the neoprene and increases the safety of the operation. And in the mastication, it also play the role of plasticized rubber. In the vulcanization process, it becomes a vulcanizer and acts as a hydrogen chloride acceptor to improve the strength of the rubber compound and prevent the attack of hydrogen chloride on the fibrous structure.
3. It can be used as an acid absorber in halogen-containing rubber.
4. Used as a thickener in the composite.
5. It can be used as vulcanizing agent and filler in halogenated butyl rubber.
6. In addition, magnesium oxide also improves the temperature resistance of the rubber, increases the bonding property with the metal skeleton, improves the wrapping property of the rubber compound, and absorbs the free halogen which is decomposed by heat.
If you have any questions of magnesium oxide in the rubber production, you can call us at any time, we have professional industry engineers, and hope to help you solve the problems caused by the use of magnesium oxide.